One of the most bizarre transfer stories of the summer has to be that of Moussa Sissoko and Real Madrid. Now it’s worth mentioning that the majority, if not all, of the legwork of this deal is coming from England as opposed to Spain. However, in AS, he does feature in list of possible options to strengthen the midfield and right now is the most realistic target.
Newcastle United are waiting for an official offer from Real Madrid, while Madrid themselves are waiting for Sissoko to tell Rafa Benitez he wants a move. It’s hard to imagine a time when the player’s stock will be higher than right now after an impressive Euro 2016. Newcastle admit they’ve received offers but none have been deemed adequate.
Tottenham’s initial bid for Pau Lopez has been rejected according to SPORT. Mauricio Pochettino is keen to sign the Spanish U-21 keeper as a long-term backup to Hugo Lloris. The offer was just over €2m, a price Espanyol deem far too low, but negotiations are still on-going. Originally it was thought Federico Fazio could be included in a deal but the Argentinian defender looks set to sign for Roma instead.
- Espanyol hope to secure the signing of Victor Camarasa in the new few days. (Mundo Deportivo)
- Roberto Soriano will arrive in Villarreal today to pass his medical ahead of his €14m move to the Yellow Submarines. (AS)
- Fernando Llorente’s move to Swansea has hit a stumbling block over wages. Malaga are also interested but face the same problems. Neither club wishes to pay the majority of the target man’s huge salary. (Estadio Deportivo)
- Las Palmas have signed Kevin-Price Boateng on a one-year deal. (Official)
- Dani Parejo is very much ‘out’ at Valencia. He trained alone in both sessions yesterday plus wasn’t included in the team meeting ahead of the preseason friendlies in England. (MARCA)